Sensors

Rock_Steady

My EML has come back after a few hundred miles, so I suspect it is probably because I have disturbed either the lamdas (which i have fiddled with recently, what a reckless fool) or the O2 sensor has gone. Thinking about changing the lot.

Anyone know the best place to go for re-con/after-market parts for sensors?

No, I don't have the number of the fault. I have HFCs and other breathing mods as I plan an Uprev. I have fiddled with the Lambda/lamda (however you spell it) recently and have also read some posts on here to do with sensors and EMLs. Maybe i'm just being paranoid but I want my zed to be running correctly so I was just thinking of changing the whole lot.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Because you have HFC fitted it will likely be the cat monitor lambda sensors, you can either fit extension tubes for the sensors, or wait until you have the remap and have them turned off, but I would advise getting a reader fro the code just to make sure its not some other fault.

• Like 1

Because you have HFC fitted it will likely be the cat monitor lambda sensors, you can either fit extension tubes for the sensors, or wait until you have the remap and have them turned off, but I would advise getting a reader fro the code just to make sure its not some other fault.

^^This.

Definitely get a code reader or have the code read by a garage just to be sure first though. OBDII code readers can be bought very cheaply on eBay btw. ;)

• Like 1

Cheers fellas. I've already put spacers on the Y-pipe for the lambdas and it has been fine for hundreds of miles. It only happened after the battery went flat as the Zed was standing for 3 months without moving due to repairing and spraying the bumper. Last time i had the code read at a friends garage he said it was the lambdas and just wiped the EML. I am assuming it's the lambdas which, as we know, assumption is the mother of all f%$k ups. I'll get it down there during the week.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Took the Zed to my mates garage. He said the code was something to do with the Lambdas not getting hot enough :wacko: ??? Anyway, I explained that it happened after the car had sat for 3 months and it came on when I tried to start it but the battery was too dead, to which he replied that it may have caused the EML to come on. Either way it's been wiped, he said otherwise the car was running fine. Unfortunately he wiped the code while I was making the tea so I didn't get a chance for him to tell what exactly was the fault code which is my fault for not asking in the first place.