high flow throttle body :S

Garyt350z

Looking at simple but effective performance mods and have already done air in take and exhaust Mods, so now looking at throttle body and controller. What are the pros and cons of a larger diameter throttle body? Is it a simple swap and are there other things like software changes needed to run it? It just seems like simple money to increase air intake. Or is it a gimmick unless you have forced induction?

Pointless IMO apart from needing a redesigned plenum (as tis is one of the primary limits on making power on the VQ motor)

size isn't always the answer to making power on an N/A motor, and its already rather a convoluted path with this engine,

Not essential on FI either as the airflow is under pressure anyway.

I put a large diameter throttle body on my Rx7, was without doubt the worst money i had ever spent on it, i know thats generalising but for a fi car i saw no noticeable hp gains, idle was erratic and trying to drive on part throttle was interesting to say the least, great on wot throttle, but anything in between was shocking.