Bloody Stereo !

J4CKO

Yes, will do, hopefully it wont be too much of a pain to do, did consider one of those with a big screen but it was getting expensive and I dont use the car that much, if I can do this for £170 then I am happy, stereos used to a lot more expensive, £100 for the Pioneer seems fantastic, looks pretty flexible.

• Like 1

Well, got it swapped over at the weekend for this Pioneer

http://www.halfords.com/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/dab-radios-car-stereos/pioneer-fh-x700bt-double-din-car-stereo

Using the kit off Ebay and it all works, including the steering wheel controls, not a job I want to repeat through, very fiddly compared to swapping other stereos I have done.

I did the "Buster mod" as the volume was pitiful otherwise.

The Pioneer sounds a bit better than the Bose and feature wise is way better, for £99 it was a bargain, I remember stereos being way more expensive than that in the 80s, I put a 64 GB USB memory key in it, little tiny one that only sticks out a cm or so, £17 off Amazon.

• Like 1

Well, got it swapped over at the weekend for this Pioneer

http://www.halfords....-din-car-stereo

Using the kit off Ebay and it all works, including the steering wheel controls, not a job I want to repeat through, very fiddly compared to swapping other stereos I have done.

I did the "Buster mod" as the volume was pitiful otherwise.

The Pioneer sounds a bit better than the Bose and feature wise is way better, for £99 it was a bargain, I remember stereos being way more expensive than that in the 80s, I put a 64 GB USB memory key in it, little tiny one that only sticks out a cm or so, £17 off Amazon.

Lets see some photos!! :p