clutch slipping when cold!

Removed1

Anyone know why my clutch would slip (only sliping by 500-1000rpm)when the engine is cold... but perfect when warm... 5/6 miles later no slipage!!!!

ive had a clutch go before in the Z, and it did it all the time!! but this seems alittle different!!!

any advice, info be appreciated.

The rev's flick up but there's no drive with it.

Stuffed up a clutch in my Celica before. Once I'd damaged it I knew it. If I accelerated by depressing the peddle about half way it'd slip and rev up without drive. I was able to get the car to my destination and back to Dublin the next day by accelerating slowly. €700 to replace. :wacko:

Guy

The rev's flick up but there's no drive with it.

Stuffed up a clutch in my Celica before. Once I'd damaged it I knew it. If I accelerated by depressing the peddle about half way it'd slip and rev up without drive. I was able to get the car to my destination and back to Dublin the next day by accelerating slowly. €700 to replace. :wacko:

Guy

Ok but when exactly does it rev up? When you depress the clutch or once its in gear and press the accelerator?

:)

If I were you I'd worry too. :p Every second hand one I see online seems to of had a clutch replaced. ;)

In this case for bjehan I hazard a guess at it being fluids and temperatures. It would be strange for it not to slip after a few miles if the clutch was damaged.

Guy

If I were you I'd worry too. :p Every second hand one I see online seems to of had a clutch replaced. ;)

In this case for bjehan I hazard a guess at it being fluids and temperatures. It would be strange for it not to slip after a few miles if the clutch was damaged.

Guy

Nobody will buy a second hand one without it having a new clutch or evidencing how much wear is left on the current one. Its understandable when lambo charge circa £3500 for a replacement :scare:

An early indication can also be higher fuel consumption. If it is generally worn the revs won't jump up but there will be a constant slip that means to go as you would with no wear the engine is working that bit harder. ;)

An early indication can also be higher fuel consumption. If it is generally worn the revs won't jump up but there will be a constant slip that means to go as you would with no wear the engine is working that bit harder. ;)

It would be hard to get below 11 mpg :lol:

It would be hard to get below 11 mpg :lol:

Well once it starts slipping to 10.5 mpg, worry.

Actually, it's Italian electrics isn't it. You're fcuked either way! :lol:;)