Pedal feel

Daryl

I know this is subjective, but after doing a few laps the other week at Bedford, thanks to Evo, the pedal feel on the brakes was not great. Id fitted new discs and pads (DBA T3's and DS2500's) and the pedal was not rock hard like it was when id fitted discs and pads before. The pedal was feeling a little soft, and even on the road, i dont get that initial squidge then the hard pedal, I just get squidge. Should I try with replacement fluid first, and if that does not work, then get the discs skimmed? Someone at the Evo day, suggested the Halfords raceing fluid, as they had tried it, and the series they are racing in, use it for the entire grid. I currently have RBF600, but that has not been replaced for a couple of years, and I have done a couple of track days and hard driving. The other variable, is the rear discs and pads, these will need changing at some point in the next 6months or so i reckon. Would this give me squidge?

If a car is tracked, I'd strongly suggest changing the brake fluid on an annual basis, so I reckon yours is well passed it's best.

I would strongly recommend the ATE Super Blue fluid. I've switched to that from the RBF600 then the 660, and it's fabulous stuff. Boiling point is near as dammit as good as the Motul, but it's about half the price so you can afford to change it twice as often :)

I wouldn't have thought the worn rears would be causing you this problem.

+1 on ATE Super Blue, used that in our beemer the last year and a half with no problems. although watch who changes it, as they might object to the bright blue colour.

although squidge sounds like it might brake hoses, do you have braided brake lines?

Edited by brillomaster

Monkfish sell Super Blue, so i can go pop along to them, and get some. I do have HEL braided hoses yes, and Iv had rock hard pedal feel a year or so ago after my discs were skimmed, so thats why I suspected the fluid. Being the chepest option to rule out first

Right, typical EU! Iv now been informed that you can no longer import the SUPER BLUE/AMBER, as they have now made it the law that coloured brake fluid is not allowed! How bloody stuoid is that. Its a brilliant idea to have different coloured fluids, so that you can see when the new one is coming through. Gggrrr. Anyway, went to Monkfish, and perved over around 50Litres of Monaro and Porsche, and got some fluid. They only have a few boxes of this fluid left, so anyone wanting some, had best be quick

I found that braided brake lines make a big difference. I had fresh rbf600 fluid and hosetechnik lines fitted. improved brake feel a lot, much firmer and little squidge.

Clarkmotorsport sorted me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi dude bit off topic .....

Noticed you have a scorpion and HFC , just wandered if you had a vid of this as I'm looking to add some HFC to my scorpion and wouldn't mind hearing one if possible ,

Thanks

Here you go mate,not great, but hope it gives you an idea. th_6129ACF5-BE25-4D15-8A68-82A019CBDB60.jpg

Edited by Daryl

• 2 weeks later...