Bit of advice needed, fitting front lip

tatooandy67

hi all, weather permitting I'm hoping to diy fit my seibon front lip over the weekend (have to work on my drive so hopefully it won't be raining)

Here's a pic of the part

D67C53D9-56AF-4519-AB97-E30DDCF3DCF7_zps8kvklbb3.png

The advice I'm after is....

Would it be best to use, either a combination of tiger seal & screws or 3m tape and screws or all three, apologies for the noob question its my first time fitting a part like this

Thanks for any advice

Andy :)

Edited by tatooandy67

Never fitted one so you can take or leave my advice ~ I won't be offended, :lol: ...but I'd say all three. :dry:

I'd use the screws in the places near the edges in the wheel arches and underneath (where they won't be easily visible) as well as Tiger seal all round the edges to help keep the part tight against the front bumper. The 3M tape I'd use just as extra securing in the middle section.

Just remember that with the Tiger seal if you put too much on it will splurge out of the sides making a bit of a mess. So less is more. :D

Hopefully some members that have fitted front lips will see this post now and add some more info for you on the do's & don'ts. :thumbs:

• Like 1

If you can I'd take some pictures as you progress with the fitting just in case it helps others in the future who can use your thread as a guide then when fitting theirs. ;)

If all goes well there'll be pics but if it goes south then it'll just be blue language :lol:

Got my fingers x'd and a friend coming round to help so hopeful for a good result, haven't had chance to try a dry test fit yet though as when I finish work it's dark and it hasn't stopped raining since it was delivered but I'm off this weekend and forecast looks favourable so all being well pics up Saturday pm :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

If you can I'd take some pictures as you progress with the fitting just in case it helps others in the future who can use your thread as a guide then when fitting theirs. ;)

If all goes well there'll be pics but if it goes south then it'll just be blue language :lol:

:lol:

Well if it does go wrong, just pay a garage body shop to fit it & tell us all you did it but you where to busy to take pics, ...we'll never know. :surrender::lol:;)

• Like 1

:lol:

Well if it does go wrong, just pay a garage body shop to fit it & tell us all you did it but you where to busy to take pics, ...we'll never know. :surrender::lol:;)

:lol: did you just read my mind :lol: