Front Grille Towing Eye Insert

DJ350zUK

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out on something...

I recently purchased a grey 06 Z and love it to bits! The only issue is that it is missing the towing eye cover out of the front grille.

I have found this for sale on eBay for £45, but personally I think that's quite steep for only part of the grille.

My question is, does anyone know where I could get the towing eye cover cheaper? Or are there any good looking after market grilles around that don't look '2 fast 2 furious'?

Thanks for your help!

Welcome DJ350zUK not sure about the towing eye covers but as for a grill zunsports is the one to go for A bit more than £45 but a nice touch. Here's a link to a well trusted trader on here.

http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_53

Ignore the red towing eye on the 06 model grill that separate.

Edited by SHEZZA

Thanks for all the help guys!

I was looking at the zunsport grille and think it looks great!

Does it fit in front of the standard grille? If so, surely I'd still be able to see my lack of towing eye cover?

Thanks

Yes it fit's in front of the standard grille and when you fit them you are supposed to remove the towing eye cover anyway so that you can use the towing eye in an emergency without having to remove the grille. ;)

Looks like below.

dscn2135h.jpg

:thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the help guys!

I was looking at the zunsport grille and think it looks great!

Does it fit in front of the standard grille? If so, surely I'd still be able to see my lack of towing eye cover?

Thanks

If your still after just the cover check this link out to clark motorsports

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92549-winter-clearance-sale-clark-motorsport/

Gmballistic do you have any close up photos of how the zunsport grille fits on top of the standard one?

My current grille looks like it would stick out too far to look right :S

That's my Zed in the pic - the Zunsport grille was a very early mod!

On the Facelift model you need to remove the plastic body coloured slats in the "mouth" then the grille simply screws on to the horizontal struts that will be revealed once the slats/covers have been removed.

You can reach most of the slat fixing screws from the top down through the aperture where the bonnet catch is. There are also two black plastic plates at each end that are screwed on from the front.

It sounds harder than it actually is!

David

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1