Sensible price for additional car key

Dicky

• 1 month later...

Hi Dicky,

My car came with one key so I needed to get another.

I got this blank from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-350-Z-USED-REMOTE-KEY-NEW-KEY-BLADE-MODEL-/111542659657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19f875ea49 made him an offer for a few quid less and he accepted.

Then booked into local Nissan dealer for a while you wait apt and had it coded. Was originally quoted £22, but on the day they tried to get away with £56, spoke to manager after the work was done and got the price back down to £22 :)

All in under £50 done :)

Hope this helps

Hi Dicky,

I got this blank from ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19f875ea49 made him an offer for a few quid less and he accepted.

Then booked into local Nissan dealer for a while you wait apt and had it coded. Was originally quoted £22, but on the day they tried to get away with £56, spoke to manager after the work was done and got the price back down to £22 :)

Hope this helps

How did you get it for £22 may I ask, did they misquote at first and then have to honour it? I was quoted £51 and am just wondering how I can go about getting it for £22 :p

thanks veef13 I had forgotten I posted this one. Not to keen on ebay purchases so decided to share my key with my daughter.

As for Durk, well there are ways and means of getting stuff cheaper. You could offer to cut the managers hedges or lawns, or maybe sit on his knee and blow in his ear, depending upon his particular persuasion ha ha. However I would be wanting a much bigger discount for the latter option though. Good luck with it!

Hi Dicky,

I got this blank from ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19f875ea49 made him an offer for a few quid less and he accepted.

Hope this helps

How did you get it for £22 may I ask, did they misquote at first and then have to honour it? I was quoted £51 and am just wondering how I can go about getting it for £22 :p

original chap quoted me £22 so made them honour it, had no proof but the didn't question it :)

thanks veef13 I had forgotten I posted this one. Not to keen on ebay purchases so decided to share my key with my daughter.

As for Durk, well there are ways and means of getting stuff cheaper. You could offer to cut the managers hedges or lawns, or maybe sit on his knee and blow in his ear, depending upon his particular persuasion ha ha. However I would be wanting a much bigger discount for the latter option though. Good luck with it!

no worries. that ebay seller is safe to use and v friendly, but understand if you would want to stay away from that path :thumbs: