Front tie bars

mikejbry

So my car is in for a p3 service, including diff and gearbox oil, clutch and brake fluid,etc etc

They said the car is looking great, the cobra exhaust was a great fit and is on looking shiny. The only thing they picked up on was that both front tie bar bushes are very worn.

He said it comes in at £318 to replace both with poly bushes. The part from Nissan comes with the bush and is over 400 each for the part. Am I right in thinking this is the better known banana arm???

Also what are my options.

Cheers

Mike

What sort of labour is involved, he said its around 3hrs to change them, and they keep poly bushes in stock so he could get it done tomorrow morning.

He also reccomended a full alignment at £120 inc vat which I think would be a good idea. Is the price about right? I assume it would be a proper geometry check.

Cheers

No uneven tyre wear, but I do have a front creak going over speed bumps and its tram lining quite badly. So I believe him about the bushes being worn, I never mentioned I was having any issues.

I did take the car to castle combe a few weeks ago so maybe that polished the bushes off

Before you even consider replacing the bushings, you will have to make sure that the ball joints are okay as they only come with the new compression rods (banana arm)

Always good to get the geometry settings checked.

Yes, definitely DIY doable, just drop me a PM if you require any further guidance.

Alex. :)