Mishimoto fan help

telboy83

Guys can anyone help?ive purchased a new mishimoto fan after my old packed up,I lost coolant at the same time so have filled it up back up,I am finding small air in coolant which I'm slowly shifting but can anyone tel me if both fans come on together or if there's a sequence,the drivers side is coming on when car get up to temp and also when air con is on but the passenger side doesn't seem to be doing squat,I'm wandering if it's still cZ of air in system or should they both come on together

Guys still having trouble with only the one fan coming on,it's kicking in when it's suppose to but only the one works not the other this is the wiring I have as u look at the car

Left (driver)fan blue from fan green block

Black from fan black block

Fan on right (passenger) blue from fan blue block

Black from fan yellow block

Is this correct

The stock fans are either both off, both on at low speed, or both on at high speed. Fan speed is determined by coolant temperature, air con ON or OFF, and air con refrigerant pressure. As I read the writeup referenced above, with the Mishimoto setup both will be off, one will be on (corresponding to stock fans on low), or both will be on (corresponding to stock fans on high).

If you reverse the wiring the fans will work in the opposite direction, you will soon know as you will get blown over as you walk past the front of the car.

Don't know what you have done wrong.

Check that you are getting feed to both by using a meter.

Also go back to your supplier and ask for a wiring diagram, however the one provided in this thread is correct providing you understand that it is for a USA LHD.

Alex. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the Mishimoto fan and shroud and wired correctly. They donot comeon at the sametime and just like the OEM. The driver side comes on first and the passenger side when the car senses extra cooling is required.

So I will recommend you check your wiring is correct them let the car idle till up to temp then give it some load with the AC on and the px fan will come in at some point.

I was equally concerned when I first installed mine but eventually the both came on with the right temp.

You can't miss it as when both on it sounds like a helicopter.

What you have to remember is that the mishimoto fans are bigger and provide more cooling than OEM. I my case I all got uprated radiator so my overall cooling capacity is 30-40% better than OEM,

Good luck.

• Like 2