GTR Exhaust on a Z

JoshC

Looking for a new exhaust so was browsing the net and came across this. I'm sure it's been discussed before. What are peoples thoughts? I actually really like it!

Can pick up a used cat back GTR for around £350 on eBay. Not sure if the one in the vid would just be the cat back though?

Search, an owner on here did it, iirc it took a bit of fabricating as the Gtr is wider than you think

I'll have a search now then cheers! :)

Yeah, reading from the video desc. it sounds like some fabrication and relocation of the hangers needed!

Search, an owner on here did it, iirc it took a bit of fabricating as the Gtr is wider than you think

Yeah, reading from the video desc. it sounds like some fabrication and relocation of the hangers needed!

I did this about a year ago. Sounds awesome. I got the exhaust 2 years old for £50 on the GTR forum. Check my posts for video and pictures :)

I did this about a year ago. Sounds awesome. I got the exhaust 2 years old for £50 on the GTR forum. Check my posts for video and pictures :)

Awesome, cheers mate! Just read up on another thread of someone who ahas done the same. Is it just the backbox you have or the centre section too?

How much fabrication work was involved and if you don't mind me asking (assuming someone else did it for you) how much did it cost you in labour to have it fitted?

Awesome, cheers mate! Just read up on another thread of someone who ahas done the same. Is it just the backbox you have or the centre section too?

How much fabrication work was involved and if you don't mind me asking (assuming someone else did it for you) how much did it cost you in labour to have it fitted?

Yes it came as back box with long center section (all one piece) and 4 chrome tips. I dropped it off at a custom exhaust garage at 9am and picked it up at 3pm at a cost of £200 I think.

The center pipe on the gtr pipe was chopped off and the backbox welded to the 350z center pipe. The exits pipes where chopped off the gtr pipe, shortened and welded back on as it's insane how wide the exhaust is! When it's finished it fits perfectly where the standard pipe sits. Sounds more aggressive with no drone and the big tips look great. What's not to love.

Yes it came as back box with long center section (all one piece) and 4 chrome tips. I dropped it off at a custom exhaust garage at 9am and picked it up at 3pm at a cost of £200 I think.

The center pipe on the gtr pipe was chopped off and the backbox welded to the 350z center pipe. The exits pipes where chopped off the gtr pipe, shortened and welded back on as it's insane how wide the exhaust is! When it's finished it fits perfectly where the standard pipe sits. Sounds more aggressive with no drone and the big tips look great. What's not to love.

Thanks for th info bud, that's great! Very good value then if it cost you £250 all in! I'm still trying to decide between this option and a custom exhaust from a local place but gonna have a browse on the GTR forum now to see if any are for sale!

There should be a fair few owners with the OEM exhaust on GTROC that they want rid of. It's probably worth contacting places like SVM and Litchfield to see if they have any lying around as most owners upgrade their exhaust then don't want the OEM one back, I don't have mine as it was left at Litchfield when a titanium exhaust was fitted a couple of years ago.

Thanks for th info bud, that's great! Very good value then if it cost you £250 all in! I'm still trying to decide between this option and a custom exhaust from a local place but gonna have a browse on the GTR forum now to see if any are for sale!

I got mine from a guy on the GtR forum who had 3 of them. Since I fitted mine two other people have asked me about it and bought the guys remaining exhausts. So there are plenty out there, just some people seem to want ridiculous money for them. Best of luck!

I got mine from a guy on the GtR forum who had 3 of them. Since I fitted mine two other people have asked me about it and bought the guys remaining exhausts. So there are plenty out there, just some people seem to want ridiculous money for them. Best of luck!

Damn! I think I've just messaged that same guy and if the other 2 you spoke to bought them then I'm guessing his reply is going to be that he has none left :( Will keep any eye out for more though! Cheers mate!