Grinding nose from brakes gets worse as car gets hotter?

maddog1982

I have a horrible grinding noise that I am sure is coming from the left hand side of my car. It happens when I press the brakes and coming to a stop. It is quite a low noise when the car is cold but as it gets warm and the brakes are used it gets louder. If im doing say 70 and want to scrub off speed I cannot hear it.Seems to be loude if I have a passenger to? What is going on! When the car was serviced last month there was loads of life on the pads and the discs look good to my untrained eye.

Grinding nose from brakes gets worse as car gets hotter?

My advice would be to stop putting your face near your brakes.

In all seriousness the disc might be warped or cracked? What pads are you using? Just OEM ones?

Will be OEM ones, it is booked into the garage on the 4th. DOnt use the car for work thankfully. If it needs pads im going use this as excuse to get some better pads and or discs

I have a horrible grinding noise that I am sure is coming from the left hand side of my car. It happens when I press the brakes and coming to a stop. It is quite a low noise when the car is cold but as it gets warm and the brakes are used it gets louder. If im doing say 70 and want to scrub off speed I cannot hear it.Seems to be loude if I have a passenger to? What is going on! When the car was serviced last month there was loads of life on the pads and the discs look good to my untrained eye.

did you check the rear of the discs ? corrosion will always take place at the rear :thumbs:

did you check the rear of the discs ? corrosion will always take place at the rear :thumbs:

No I havent, it had a major P2 a month a go but the garage didnt really check anything other than the pads. Will I need to remove the wheel to do this?

No I havent, it had a major P2 a month a go but the garage didnt really check anything other than the pads. Will I need to remove the wheel to do this?

no, just stick you're head under from the front and have look (use a torch)

Could be pads but i would hope they will have checked those !

Edited by GIXXERUK