Exhaust Rust - Help please guys

WINKJ

you can buy a cheap drill attachment kit which includes polishing pastes and mandrel etc, then use some autosol or nxt metal polish to add protection

tbh I imagine any protection will be short lived as the exhaust is so exposed to the elements

not mine! its a weekend car, which is garaged and covered.. :)

I have seen the attachements for a power tool for polishing.. I thought autosol was abrasive to remove tarnish not to protect? do you have an examlple of some metal polish protection?

Hi James

I was in the same boat as you last week as i bought the Ark Grip off octet, I used the polishing attachments to clean up the tail pipes and rear boxes (as they are visual from the rear ), the inside of the tailpipes were black with soot etc, they now look chrome ! but I needed to polish with drill, I could not of acheived the result by hand ( I tried)

The rest I cleaned up using some bilberry wheel cleaner (diluted) as there was road tar on the pipes, I then polished with megs "all metal polish" , this offers " highest shine possible, anti-corrosive agents fight against eviromental attack and degradation"

Hth

Paul

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 1