Insurance Question - Churchill - Mod declare

richparks

Hi All,

I have a quick question about insurance and declaring modifications and the specifications of the mods.

I have a 350z and the only modification is a scorpion catback exhaust.

I didn't even realise it had the exhaust when I bought the car through BMW and insured it without knowing through Churchill for £450. I have just rang them and explained the situation and they are asking me what performance gains it added and the lowest bracket they have is 10% and under. This added a further £349 to my insurance premium, I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

Is there even a performance gain from the exhaust and should I be looking for a new insurer?

I am 26, 4 years NCB, live in a very low crime rate area and the car is parked on a gated driveway.

Thanks,

Edited by richparks

without a remap, performance gains are negligible, so try and declare it as a cosmetic mod. if they aren't able to do that, id either replace the exhaust with a standard one, or find another insurer!

admiral work just fine for me, i'm 27 with 3 yrs NCB, with exhaust and wheels declared its £580.

EDIT - even if you did the whole shebang of air filter, plenum spacer, HFCs, exhaust and an uprev you'd be lucky to get a 10% performance increase!

Edited by brillomaster

If they'd said to me it'll be another 350 for adding an exhaust I would have canceled the policy there an then. Thats disgusting.

I did ask her if it was a joke and she said unfortunately not and then said do you want to proceeds and I said I'm more likely to cancel and said goodbye