Clicking from front and rear axles

liamgdr

Im well aware of the common rear axle click and I have tried using the search function but I can't find anything that relates to my problem.

About two months ago I started hearing a clicking noise when applying the brakes at slow speed, I was going to do the rear axle greasing today. I got a mate to drive the car while I stood at the rear of the car listening to which side was clicking. But straight away it was really obvious that all four corners click, first the front two then the rear two more noticeably, I also usually have really squeaky brakes and when driving over uneven surfaces I get creaking from what sounds like the rear, I'm not sure if any of the problems are linked together.

Any idea what it could be, the problem appeared over night and I can't imagine the front, rear, left and right all developing the same fault on the same day.

Its definitely a strange one, any ideas?

Cheers, Liam

So i took one wheel off today, I had a good yank on everything that moves and nothing was loose, I'm leaning towards the idea that it could be the pads now, I took the pads out, should there be a shim on the back of the pad? these were just completely metal.

Liam