Have I got the right mpss

Jay.1r

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&Cookie=tyrecomp&details=Ordern&typ=R-196936&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1&pk_campaign=tyrecomp&wt_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egoogle%2Eco%2Euk%2F&ID=tyrecomp&wt_t=1409827070000&wt_ga=&wt_kw=

Hi guys, am I correct these are the best for the Z in wet and dry? i know I will need different for front/rear just confirming the right mpss and size for standard rays on a 313

Thank you

yep, those are the right tyres, the fabled Michelin Pilot Super Sports. standard rays sizes is 225/45/R18 fronts, 245/45/R18 rears.

as for 'best for the zed in wet and dry' that's very contentious point, and i'd argue its neither! I will concede its probably the best all rounder though :lol:

Thanks for the fast rey am I correct 35psi is the recommended amount?

Also as a little note, I have just messaged a friend at national tyres to see what price he can do them for me (and all the owners club) in north wales with free fitting, will respond the results, but the mytyres price seems cheap!

yep, those are the right tyres, the fabled Michelin Pilot Super Sports. standard rays sizes is 225/45/R18 fronts, 245/45/R18 rears.

as for 'best for the zed in wet and dry' that's very contentious point, and i'd argue its neither! I will concede its probably the best all rounder though :lol:

Thanks, I will possibly look into separate tyres once I have settled some spare money! Cant wait picking her up this afternoon, the seller knocked £1000 off because of the tyres low life.

Thanks for the fast rey am I correct 35psi is the recommended amount?

Also as a little note, I have just messaged a friend at national tyres to see what price he can do them for me (and all the owners club) in north wales with free fitting, will respond the results, but the mytyres price seems cheap!

35 psi is fine for normal driving.

• Like 1

Everyone raves about mpss, so they must be very good, but I can't believe they're that much better than GY eagle F1asy2's...amazing performance dry or wet, and 26 quid cheaper for fronts alone on tyreleader!..I had the older version on a mk2 golf 16v years ago, and fitted a set on my zed a few months ago...wouldn't swap them for anything else

they arent - read most tests and difference between MPSS, GY Eagle F1s, Conti Sport contact 5s and even Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 is negligable.

While MPSSs often win the dry grip test, GY and Hankook frequently perform better in the wet. Personally i went for Hankooks, get excellent reviews but since they're not a 'premium' top 4 brand (Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Continental) they're a lot cheaper.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Tests/#summer

I paid £520 for the goodyears in may...got them from lovetyres delivered in 2 days...mpss would've been £100+ more...tyreleader would've saved me another £20 quid or so, but hadn't heard of them when ordering...seem to remember the gy's lasting well on the golf, but can't compare that with rwd...jury's gonna have to be out on durability, but they tick every other box :)