Spare key sets off alarm

Ali_z33

As the title suggests, when I open my 350 using the spare key (which doesn't have central locking) as soon as I turn the key in the door the alarm goes off, but stops when I insert it in the ignition and turn it one click.

Tried looking through old threads but couldn't find anything related.

Any ideas why this happens? When I use the main key and open via the buttons on the key, this doesn't happen.

On a separate note, any idea where I can get spare screws for my undertray? When changing my oil + filter I noticed some have corroded and snapped, and I even noticed one cable tie is also being used from the previous owner. :thumbdown:

Does it not trigger the alarm simply because NATS is still armed, due to not using the remote to disable it?

My thoughts ~ also this spare key if it doesn't have the central locking/alarm disable buttons could it not just be some sort of "valet" key?! :shrug:

That sounds like a good reason why it sets off the alarm. Nissan logo is on the spare key, not too sure what a valet key is.

Was just wondering if there was a way to stop the spare key setting off the alarm as my GF holds the spare key, but i guess she can live with the alarm tripping.

You can get a nuts and screw from any hardware shop.

For the alarm issue, I take it as car doesn't start withe key, as alarm is armed?

Almeida the spare key does start the car, and thanks, i'll pop down to my local hardware shop :)

A "valet" key is just a key that will unlock/lock the car and start the engine but usually not allow some other things; like opening a glove box, petrol flap etc or as in your case turning on/off the alarm.

Usually these keys are designed for giving to "valet" parking or to a "valeter" when having your car cleaned/detailed. :thumbs: