New Mini

Bluestreak

I ordered a mini a couple of months ago for delivery on Monday for the new reg, received a phone call yesterday saying that certain models, mine of which is one, have had a recall. A problem with the air bag apparently and it may take a month to resolve. Has anyone else heard of this cos I reckon they are talking bollocks?

Thanks

Chris

Sounds plausible to me, new cars have issues all the time (a la 991 GT3). Airbags would be made by another supplier so that could account for the wait time.

Why do you think it's bollocks? Surely the longer they delay it, the longer they have to wait for their money?

The cars coming off the production line now will not have the fault as they know about it and they must have the parts etc to rectify the fault. You could get the part over night. It doesn't take month to build a car.

What? No. You cannot get the part overnight, that's not how it works. It could easily take a month to slot you back in the supply chain for a new airbag.

• 2 months later...