teething hiccups......

davej

So i've had the Z for just shy of a fortnight, now and finally after using a private road B) it ran out of go at an indicated 120 so that equates to 112 with the speedo error at that end, so back on the phone to the guy it came from.

Me " you assured me that it would be delimited"

Him" oh, well when we convert imprezas to mph it delimits it normally, we can do that for a price"

Me " #*$% off it will,

Him "ok, we'll see what i can do" G

Gotta ring him monday, as he should have ordered the part, which thanks to you wonderful people i know is the HKS Speed Defencer!,

A:what ball park figure should this come to, cos i can feel an arguement coming on!

Dave,

It felt ever so stable at the speed, even better than my alfa 166!

Apparently even 167MPH :D

Thought the zed was limited to 155mph? :blush:

It is on a UK zed ;)

Thought JDM's were too as Bigphil and TDI both posted recently that the HKS delimiters did not take away the top end limiter :)

You may well be right :)

Mine is totally de-limited without HKS defencer.. took them 3 hrs of messing abt with wiring but im looking forward to beating those speeds mentioned on here.. if its possible :teeth:

I dont think that guy has the right to charge u more than £200 for the item and installation.. just that fact that he mis-informed u the first time means he shud install it for nothing.

Slight update:

So after talikng to the manager, he thinks that when they convert the speedo from mph to km's they may have forgotten to attach a wire to the ecu, to delimit it....

Sound plausible or talking ballcocks

You decide

Dave