Wrap Removal & Plastidip

Sy1441

Need to remove some wrap from my car as its become chipped and has cracked in some of the tight curves, its the fangs bit below the plate.

I've had a look at YouTube for how to get it off, realistically how easy is it?

Was thinking of plasti-dipping it this time around as it (should) cope with the curved surfaces better unless in mistaken?

Once removed what sort of work should I do on the paint? Polish, Seal & Wax?

Would usually just stick it into a professional to do but i've got time on my hands at the moment so thought i'd give it a bash if its something that can be done.

Any advice appreciated!!

photo.jpg

I've tried plastidip twice on the front and it will not work, looks perfect when first applied but after only a short drive it has lifted both times in the same spot

I'm not sure if it's temperature related or not, worked great on the rear ... No problems

Need to remove some wrap from my car as its become chipped and has cracked in some of the tight curves, its the fangs bit below the plate.

I've had a look at YouTube for how to get it off, realistically how easy is it?

Remarkably easy, as a rule. Heat up the adhesive under the wrap (be careful not to burn either the wrap or the paint underneath/around) with either a hair dryer or heat gun on a low heat, peel off the wrap then use Tardis to remove any remaining adhesive.

I have no experience of plastidip so I can't help you there.

Once removed what sort of work should I do on the paint? Polish, Seal & Wax?

If you're putting anything, either wrap or plastidip, over it I wouldn't bother sealing/waxing as it'll interfere with the adhesion. By all means polish the area, but if it's going to get covered up again there's no real need to do so, just make sure it's clean and dry before applying plastidip.