Wiring up an internal boot release switch?

Chasman231

Has anyone looked at putting in a boot release switch in the cabin?

There are a couple of blank switches that can be used (either mount an after market switch or use a Nissan switch from a different model - R35 GTR or G35/G37 look a good fit)

I am not a electronics guy at all but wouldn't it be a case of just running duplicate wires from the actuator to where you want the switch to be, or is the wiring to the boot release more "integrated" than that? :dry:

I was thinking of doing this as well when I got my Z. the only time this is useful though is at security checkpoints or trying to explain to someone from inside the car.

I did see that the G35 button matches perfectly, however I doubt there is a harness ready for it so suspect you would need to run wires from said switch to the back and splicing into the boot button release.

I was thinking of doing this as well when I got my Z. the only time this is useful though is at security checkpoints or trying to explain to someone from inside the car.

I did see that the G35 button matches perfectly, however I doubt there is a harness ready for it so suspect you would need to run wires from said switch to the back and splicing into the boot button release.

It's fairly straight forward getting cables through from the cabin to the rear as the trim is quite easy to remove.