My planned modifications

Danohosko

In my most humble OPINION:

For a Newbie to the Zed who is desperate to spend whatever it takes to get every ounce from an otherwise stock car/get the nose on their mate's Astra VXR in a traffic light GP, I would definitely agree with Ekona's advice. i.e. Just for acceleration you want new air filter/vel stack, as free flowing exhaust as possible, less weight wherever you can lose it (especially unsprung), and lightened fly, followed by Uprev.

Yes this makes a 'difference' and it does make the car feel sharper. However, in my experience it really doesn't do a lot for tangible real world performance. And what it does do performance wise you could get from a RevUp Zed with all the other benefits they come with, that would probably cost the same amount more if you sold and bought again. You can perhaps justify the cost on your car by how nice a straight through exhaust on a Zed sounds, though. They are probably the best sounding N/A V6 after the Golf R32.

If you want a real, noticeable improvement to acceleration that actually represents better value for money, save your money and turbo it/buy a turbo car.

Your £2k fund that you'd need for the N/A mods would be FAR better spent on brakes, stiffer ARBs, polybushes in key areas and maybe stiffer springs. Spend whatever change you have on petrol to drive the 200 miles to a track to improve your skills and you will realise and enjoy the already strong acceleration a stock Zed has when driven hard.

On good roads, you will enjoy and notice a better handling and stopping car for that money a lot more than if you had 10 extra horsepower and a very slightly livelier throttle.

Edited by waltzinblack
  • Like 1