Cleaning sun screen lotion off of leather seats...

GlenMH

All

I have just noticed that there are some grey patches on the leather seats where I have been sat in them with sun screen on my arms :scare:

This has obviously dried in to the leather now as I didn't spot it at the time...

What is the best method of restoring the seats back to black loveliness?

Thanks for your help

Glen

Grease stains. Blot excess grease with a clean cloth. Sprinkle talcum powder or cornstarch on the affected area. Let sit for at least 4 hours, then wipe off the powder.

This is off the net so I take no responsibility if it doesnt work. Try it on a bit you cant see first.

All

I have just noticed that there are some grey patches on the leather seats where I have been sat in them with sun screen on my arms :scare:

This has obviously dried in to the leather now as I didn't spot it at the time...

What is the best method of restoring the seats back to black loveliness?

Thanks for your help

Glen

Any decent sofa shop should be able to sell you a leather cleaner and sealer, we have the stuff of QVC :blush:

With our strong sun in NZ, this is a common problem. I use a microfibre or very soft car cleaning towel very gently work on the "blocked" area, making sure to work into the natural grooves of the leather with Meguiar's Leather Cleaner. Then I leave it for a little while until it looks totally dry, then with another microfibre or very gentle cleaning towel apply the Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Conditioner.

Seats in my Z still look very good. Most people are surprised for an 04 how well the seats still look.

Good luck, and happy cleaning.

ps. Perhaps a seat cover might be a good idea for those summer days, :p then the sun tan lotion won't be a problem.

I made out of spa sized black bath towels, seat covers, drawing in the top to fit around the head rest with very wide elastic. Works really well, quickly sling on the cover when you're grubby with sunblock or you've been training or grubby mechanics in the car (because the covers they use are usually gross). ;)