Irish kph dials to mph?

W4ffles

Hello people!

Question, I'm in the process of potentially buying a 350z in Ireland but i will be importing it to the UK so ill need to convert the kph dials to mph. Does anyone know if the same method for jdm kph to uk mph dials needs to be done?

Cheers

Daragh

Hello people!

Question, I'm in the process of potentially buying a 350z in Ireland but i will be importing it to the UK so ill need to convert the kph dials to mph. Does anyone know if the same method for jdm kph to uk mph dials needs to be done?

Cheers

Daragh

Also I meant to say it's not a JDM....it's an Irish car but I imagine it would be the same as a uk spec car except in kph...

So is the best thing a direct swap of kph to uk mph clock so?

I've heard about the converter on eBay but will have to have a look see on here how viable it is to change the clocks...any particular posts that ppl recommend.

But here's a another question ... Do I need to change them at all? Is it for preference or to pass the mot?

Irish cars have KPH dials from 2005.

Do they not have mpg also along side kmph?

I'm not sure to be honest...I've only been in one uk spec car over here but haven't seen this Irish one yet. Only got my dad to have a look for me. I would have a guess it's probably displaying kph/litre

I've heard about the converter on eBay but will have to have a look see on here how viable it is to change the clocks...any particular posts that ppl recommend.

But here's a another question ... Do I need to change them at all? Is it for preference or to pass the mot?

Its a requirement to have the speedo reading in MPH but its not checked at MOT so is unlikely to cause you any problems.

Its a requirement to have the speedo reading in MPH but its not checked at MOT so is unlikely to cause you any problems.

Is it also a requirement in the UK to have both MPH and KMPH on the dials? I'm pretty sure all cars have both.

• 3 months later...

Right I'm back...

So in order to pass the mutual recognition for registering an import... I have to change the dials to mph. Fair enough, bought the part and it's on the way in the post. Nissan said they could change it following a visit into them for a service.

But here's the thing...it's not a need but a want...

I want to have the digital dash cluster gauge to change into imperial too I.e. Mileage in miles rather than km, Litres/100km to mpg, speed into miles etc but Nissan said they can't change it via diagnostic kit.

Surely someone with a jap spec car has had them changed so it all matches ?

Easy fix or expensive. Appreciate the help