Speed-Racing Kit (also available from Lester)

Removed

• 3 weeks later...
chickenwiretastic buddy :)

Are those old pictures or did you get a new front lip?

better than not having anything on it :yawn:

front lip is actually being repaired very soon by Glyn's friend :bleh:

so yeah they are my old pics, but as you can see from the date posted, they were saved from the now defunct forum :)

better than not having anything on it :yawn:

That's arguable ;)

front lip is actually being repaired very soon by Glyn's friend :bleh:

so yeah they are my old pics, but as you can see from the date posted, they were saved from the now defunct forum :)

How can I see the date posted? You mean Jan 2nd the 2006? I thought you might have had the lip repaired over Xmas.

Not tempted to get a PolyUrethane lip to save any future accidents?

And just out of interest, who's Lester? Is he the UK distributor for this kit now?

That's arguable ;)

no it isn't :bleh:

How can I see the date posted? You mean Jan 2nd the 2006? I thought you might have had the lip repaired over Xmas.

Not tempted to get a PolyUrethane lip to save any future accidents?

And just out of interest, who's Lester? Is he the UK distributor for this kit now?

no I collected it from Steve-B over Xmas but it wasn't repaired.

No need for poly one since if it got caught the way mine did, would have cracked too.... once repaired and repainted it will be paintshielded though, since it was already peppered with chips...

Lester is the Company who actually makes them, in Italy (after "buying" the rights from Speed-Racing) and it's cheaper to deal with them directly and get it shipped over (or deal with Emanuele, even cheaper) than go through a Uk distributor... :)

What did you do? I thought it was a mild knock, nothing major... PU doesn't crack or shatter like FG (it's malleable), though it'll tear or warp, but you really have to be going some to do it!

Is paintshield an armorfend style clear plastic protection film, yeah? I gather it will have to be cut to shape for it.

Anyway. We can start a new thread on chickenwire if you like. It clearly *is* arguable, because if it wasn't, I'd agree with you :p

I have two drilled 2mm thick aluminium sheets ready to go in my rear apertures - just need to find an aftermarket foglight to go into them too :)

the same mate, pics look better since you can see it properly from a low angle i guess....

PS If plans go the way they are supposed to go, I want to completely integrate it with the rear bumper.... now how cool would that be? B)

I had a look at getting this smoothed in also. Price was realistic, but I have a *slight* problem in that it isn't 100% straight, due to the slightly different heights of the NISMO exhaust. So I'd have to get a small bit of pipe-bending done first, so I went off the idea and concentrated on other stuff...

• 2 months later...
What did you do? I thought it was a mild knock, nothing major... PU doesn't crack or shatter like FG (it's malleable), though it'll tear or warp, but you really have to be going some to do it!

Is paintshield an armorfend style clear plastic protection film, yeah? I gather it will have to be cut to shape for it.

Anyway. We can start a new thread on chickenwire if you like. It clearly *is* arguable, because if it wasn't, I'd agree with you :p

I have two drilled 2mm thick aluminium sheets ready to go in my rear apertures - just need to find an aftermarket foglight to go into them too :)

If people have lower lip spoilers we have by arrangement done parts for these at nominal cost when we are doing the rest of the car it needs extra time however as the part has to be designed.

Your penchant for imported bodykits Stephen would need a Bumper and sill re-design if you were going that way and would mean an all day Job (Maybe 2) depending on the complexity of the kit :)

Cheers

Tom :D