car feels insanely loose, grinding as well

declantg

So recently my 06 zed has started making a very metallic grinding noise at low speeds and tbh most speeds. Occasionally when i press the foot brake it will hit the floor and judder really hard when stopping.

Also when driving the rear almost feels disconnected, corners just feel dangerous as the car wallows about so much, definitely wasnt like this before.

Almost scared to drive it, something is really not right.

Also just had two new rears fitted (vredstein ultrac sessantra) but still feels wrong.

Any ideas before i book into nissan? Thanks

Declantg

Is it a tapping sensation on the brake pedal? If so it could be the ABS rings, they may be in bits. Or it could just be the ABS sensor.. only hazarding a guess from previous experience..

I cannot speak for your second issue though!

There is a lot of heat coming from the nearside front caliper,

When braking it will seriously judder at like <5mph. but when driving if i press the brake it will occasionally go straight to the floor.

my first thought was my caliper had seized on and had was causing the steering to feel odd, but surely it would be pulling to the left?

ah well, will ring the warranty company tomorrow.... wish me luck!

This sounds very similar to the issues I have JUST had, also had a judder on low speed braking, car felt like it was in high winds when on the motorway, wallowing all over and TCS cutting very early on normal speed corners.

Been to Jez at Horsham Dev today, appears to be a massively f***ed rear wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion :) caliper may be hot if like mine yours is cutting the TCS in on every roundabout!

This sounds very similar to the issues I have JUST had, also had a judder on low speed braking, car felt like it was in high winds when on the motorway, wallowing all over and TCS cutting very early on normal speed corners.

Been to Jez at Horsham Dev today, appears to be a massively f***ed rear wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion :) caliper may be hot if like mine yours is cutting the TCS in on every roundabout!

EXACTLY what mine feels like. just feels so loose!

I always turn TCS off anyways i hate driving with it on!

but i touched the caliper after a couple of minute driving and it was scolding hot!

In the garage now, got the world worst courtesy car. 2003 plate ford fiesta. 0-60 in 4 gears!!!!

From your first post I'd have said brake pads or discs and maybe a buggered calliper. Had you checked the brake fluid level?

As others have said though wheel bearing could be a good shout.same as he said.