brake cooling

jumping350

Just wondering is it worth running cooling ducts to the back of my front brake discs to aid in keeping them cool?? would it reduce temps by a lot for the effort? car will be used for weekend drives and few track days throughout the year and will be S/C in the near future

are there any specific kits to buy or is it a d.i.y jobbie?

any advice appreciated

Definitely, but direct the flutes to the front of the rotors as the calipers will also benefit from the additional cold air intake.

I have this on my 350 and the R35 and the R35 temperatures are reduced by 100 degrees c when on full pelt on track.

Alex. :)

You could run a duct to the centre of the calliper, as then it would not only cool the calliper, but also central area of the disc. I suppose you need a certain amount of temperature in the pads and discs to get good bite, so maybe not make the duct too big. Though maybe Alex and/Ewen could advise better

Plenty brake disc shields in stock.

Fabricated my own kit for the 350, quite simple to do, flutes either end with a few brackets and ties.

The R35 GT-R TP comes with a factory kit front and rear and I am going to replicate that for the 350.

Alex. :)

thanks for the info guys Alex if you could let me know how much for a pair of shields that would be great, also when you say centre of calliper Daryl do you mean the back centre front centre or side centre of calliper lol (im guessing the side which faces the front of the car)

Good thing is I have two perfect holes already at the front of the Veilside to utilise

Edited by jumping350