P0300 and P0011 resolution

rjohnson1993

Right everyone just a piece of information some people may find useful in the future, I certainly would have benefitted from it.

As some may know I've only owned my zed for 5 weeks and ever since the engine light had been on.

After diagnosis I was given the error codes P0300 and P0011.

The car had a lumpy low idle and a loss of power.

Initial thoughts due to the P0300 (random/multiple miss fire) were spark plugs, coil packs or injectors but it was none of these.

Then came the P0011 which is intake valve control on bank 1.

This set me thinking and with discussion with a mechanic he suggested a timing issue was causing the miss fire and poor idle.

After some research into the cars history and through reading the forum I noticed that the water pump is located close to the timing chain.

The water pump on my car had been changed 2 days before I bought it.

I added two and two together and took the assumption that the pump job had not been done properly and they had caused the timing chain to jump 1 tooth on bank 1 causing the timing to become 17% retarded on that bank.

My mechanic agreed this would be a logical explanation and said he would take the front engine cover off and have a look.

Turns out the chain had jumped 1 tooth and the tensioner wasn't on properly so the timing on my car was out on that bank thus the poor idle and miss fire.

After putting it back together properly the car runs better than ever and the EML has gone.

So if anyone has the P0300 and P0011 this may be something to consider but be warned it's an 8-10 hour job and your wallet will take a hit as mine has

Hope this helps someone

Thanks.

I'm suffering a P0300 at the mo, changed cool pack 5 only because it eventually failed but my next hunch is 6 as that's been reported on my diagnostics also.

See what happens from there but nothing previous has ever failed and I think the P0300 is dependent of a number of factors.