Borla True Dual Exhaust

Neoncypher

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Borla on my RX8, awesome sound, I did consider one for my last 370 bit went for an Akropovic instead. Very good quality and a million mile warranty!

I would have no qualms in getting one.

Nice! The Akropovic is a tempting prospect indeed. What sort of cost? Last time I looked the figure made me weep!

Had a Borla on my RX8, awesome sound, I did consider one for my last 370 bit went for an Akropovic instead. Very good quality and a million mile warranty!

I would have no qualms in getting one.

Nice! The Akropovic is a tempting prospect indeed. What sort of cost? Last time I looked the figure made me weep!

Very expensive, I had mine coupled with Berk HFCs, awesome sound. Happy with my Nismo sound now, or I was the last time I heard it.

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I totally forgot to post a video. I had my Borla True Dual exhaust fitted, and had the mid pipe resonators replaced with straight pipes. Given that this system is lots of smaller pipes that slip together, I had the majority of these welded up to prevent leaks.

I absolutely love the sound - it's really subtle under 3k rpm, a little beefier than stock, but then when you open it up it sings.

Please excuse the poor instagram video quality, its the only decent video I have so far!

https://instagram.com/p/t6Fae6yeFV/?modal=true

Here's a better video of a guy with practically the same setup (I have JWT popcharger rather than Injen CAI), but it sounds almost exactly the same. This video is actually what inspired me to go with this setup :)

Next I'm considering HFCs, and plenum spacer before getting the Uprev remap.

Cheers!

Adam