Plenum spacer

Red_Nic

I bought my car with a plenum spacer fitted. (see profile gallery pic in "Jan 2014" folder).

Can you tell me,

What benefit does it give me?

What would be involved to remove the plenum spacer and return it to standard? - what part? how much £ ? how much effort?

I'm asking because it caused complications on my recent insurance renewal.

They couldn't find it in their mods list.

Privilege eventually put it down as "Air filter +5bhp gain" and increased my compulsory excess from £350 to £550, and increased my premium by £15.50

Hi

Looking at the pic you don't have a spacer but a Kinetix Plenum which is a performance mod.

The details are here

http://www.kinetixra...ake_plenum.aspx

To remove it, it's as Bradders said about unbolting and disconnecting a few hoses. To return to stock you would need an original plenum to replace it with.

Edited by Lyndzzz

I don't see the problem with the insurance. From your other thread with regards to this, all the mods you declared = +£15 and an increase on your Excess. And you're paying close to £200 a year :lol:

Bargain in my eyes.

• Like 2

it is classed as an air intake kit, so if its mentioned id say it was fine. it does add performance but only with a remap.

Personally, since its on the insurance now i'd keep it on, however it would be worth a fair bit even in exchange for a standard plenum.

yes you're right. it hasn't increased my insurance by much, unless I cause an accident and then have to pay £550.

and its listed now and I think "air filter +5bhp" is ok. I'll review it again next year as i've paid now.

Thanks for the info. :)