Does my key , have built in immobiliser ?

aevans692

Hi all

Ok I bought a jdm 350z a few weeks bk , it only came with one key and an after market alarm fob , the alarm fob unlocks and locks the doors , it also disarms an immobiliser which is shown by a red/green led fitted by the ignition ..

Now I have gone to get a spare key cut , and the guy quotes me £55 he tells me there is a passive immobiliser which is controlled by a chip in the key ??

Is this correct ? Would I still need a key with a chip for £55 even tho is has a secondary immobiliser ? Or would the factory system been disabled to make way for the after market unit

Any info on this would be great thanks ðŸ‘

No idea regarding JDM specifically, but the UK cars have an immobiliser chip in the key. I can't see why someone would remove a factory immobiliser (if even possible due to connections with the ECU) to fit an after market one. I think more likely your key fob disarms the alarm and your key disarms the immobiliser.

Hi just an update

Yes my key does have a chip , as had key cut and wouldn't start car , then the key was programmed using my old key , and everything is good ....

£55 well spent I guess , could have been really expensive if I had list my keys 😮

Thanks guys

Hi just an update

Yes my key does have a chip , as had key cut and wouldn't start car , then the key was programmed using my old key , and everything is good ....

£55 well spent I guess , could have been really expensive if I had list my keys ������

Thanks guys

Cool; I need to do this :thumbs:

I have now discovered that the after market cat 1 alarm that is fitted is a toad ai 606, the issue I now have is that I don't have the 4 digit code to add any additional key fob's , I have found the alarm unit , but is fitted inside a shielded case , so I can't get the serial number from it without hassle .. I have been quoted £200 for a full alarm service and a few new key fob's , looks like I'm going to have to pay up on this and get them ...

would be a pain to lose/malfunction, my key fob , until then

WebRep

currentVote

noRating

noWeight