Jerky Zed

AMT

Sometimes when I start the Zed and drive off its a bit Jerky (no not the clutch or character of it etc) and as if it 'misses a beat'. Spoke before to Infiniti and they are aware of it but I forgot to ask the cause. Is this a sign that the spark plugs are on their way out or not firing right (am I talking rubbish, I'm not techy lol). Next service will be done in the next few weeks with sparks being done.

Ta for any help. I does go away after a minute and only happens every so often. Infiniti have checked on previous services and the sensors are all ok. My suspicion is the sparks but I don't know if that would cause those symptoms?

I find I sometimes get this, feels a tiny bit jerky when trying to hold a constant speed. It feels like I could almost be going over a rough surface/slightly uneven throttle input. To be honest by the time I'm sure it's happening the car has warmed up and it's gone away...

No clue what causes it for me but there does seem to be a correlation between that and the amount of time the car is running before setting off - generally I'll have the car running for 30 seconds or so while I pull all of my crap out of my pockets and put them in the centre console and sort out music etc - the jerkiness only seems to happen when I've been slightly more hurried than that and backed the car off the drive straight after starting it? Could be coincidental...

• Like 2

Hi.I ve got exactly the same problem on my 07 zed. 22k miles... changed the plugs, cleaned throttles.cleaned maf sensors,changed spark plugs... no improvement .. now looking at worn fly wheel... got no slippage or judder, just drives awfull at low revs... kerky and overeager when I accelerate hard. let me knw if you find a solution.

This is a recognised problem, especially with the HR engined Zeds, it can be fixed by an UpRev remap which smooths things out. I can't remember what exactly causes it, but I've read posts about it from Mark @ Abbey. I had this problem on mine which disappeared when Mark did his work on it.

This is a recognised problem, especially with the HR engined Zeds, it can be fixed by an UpRev remap which smooths things out. I can't remember what exactly causes it, but I've read posts about it from Mark @ Abbey. I had this problem on mine which disappeared when Mark did his work on it.

Have an UpRev'd DE and I seem to be getting it - it is pretty mild for me though...

Yeah its just when setting off and then it smooths away. Just a bit weird, but doesn't seem to 'bother' the car much after 30 or so secs. It does feel like some sort of uneven hold on the accelerator. Just thought I'd ask. It'll be in at Infiniti soon anyway and they'll check the codes etc. Mileage just now is a couple hundred away from 47K. I rack up the miles... mine ain't no garage queen lol :D