Lumpy

mrt

A week ago I bought my 07 HR back from the guy I sold it to in 2011.Night blue,white seats,Rays etc.

It looks and drives as I remember and it should with only 22k miles on the clock.

Two days ago I noticed a slightly different feel and can only describe the drive as "lumpy "

The tick over has an occasional slight pause and when coasting in gear It feels like an irregular shot of fuel coming in. On acceleration it's smooth and feels over responsive like it's raring to go. No problems at high revs in any gear.

I changed the plugs today as they weren,t replaced at the five year mark and it feels slightly better but I know the gremlin is still there lurking.

Any one have any suggestions what the problem might be.

Many thanks

Mrt

Posted this in the wrong section earlier...hope this finds the right one

No mods yet.planning HFCS,s Invidia Gemini exhaust when I get this problem sorted

No fault light

Fuelled with Millenium 98 Ron

Haven,t checked the air filters yet.

Will check for stored codes.

What,s a MAF ?

Get back to you all

Thanks guys

Hi guys.

Just checked for stored codes .... Non stored.

Checked filters...bit of dust and a few dead leaves on the bottom of the unit.Now removed.....can,t see how one might have passed up into the manifold.

So, stumped so far.

Need to find out what a MAF is now !

Search on here mate. It's Mass Air Flow. It's a sensor. There are guides on here of how to remove and clean. Make sure it is dry before you pop it back in. Also check the Coil packs are secured onto the spark plugs prolerly.

Well I thought it was all solved but its still there ! Took it into a local independent with past experience at Nissan. He cleaned the throttle body. re cleaned the mafs and put it on his diagnostic machine... result .. no faults. Now he says that the dual mass flywheel could be the cause so he,s pricing me up for clutch and single flywheel. After reading guides on here , it appears that I may be faced with a similar lumpy feel but with sharper response on acceleration. This is my fifth zed and its the first one causing me grief ..