new fuel pump....hope not???

flyn

Ok so i go and have a lovely full milltek system fitted at 9am yesterday...a blast through the countryside to my area quick stop then a blast home stop for an hour then a blast for lunch...so gettin on for 2pm and into another £20 of fuel (theres more than just 20 in there but i just topped up) and after the last stop of the day as im powering up the a20 she just cuts out...no power...im hitting the throttle and nothing...revs are going down...shes slowing and theres nothing i can do,so i give her 5 mins and try turning her over...fires up,one rev and dies with a splutter...waited tried again and the same i try agin over the next 20mins to no avail.So after the Aa turn up and i have to watch her dragged on to the back of the truck we go to my mates garage where he kindly says "sorry mate no room at the inn" So i end up havin it taen to mine where the guy very kindly helps me manover her to what i think is her final resting place,i say thanks,we shake hands and he goes,so im sitting in the drivers seat thinking how the dream has turned to a nightmare and give it a turn of the key...not a sound,my foots not on the clutch so i wasnt expecting anything but something is different,i turn the key again and silence...i give it another turn and there is that sound...the engine priming!!! I hit the clutch and she fires...purring like a kitten,joy ensues i go for a drive and shes fine...has been all day today. So my question is this ...WHAT THE HELL MAN????

'Check engine light' got it,nope no lights no codes she just fired then died with a splutter it wasnt till about an hour and half later when she was back at home that she started....i distictly remember that the pump wasnt priming for the first couple of key turns then it did and she started.

Went to abbey today,big shout to scott and the boys they checked for codes cleaned up ground points she got a clean bill of health....60miles of stop start n motorway and shes been fine...Weird!!??

Ohhh and i love my milltek!!!!

I am surprised that you can hear a std pump, never heard mine, it sounds more like an electrical connection fault that a failing pump to me, i am sure there would be a CEL if the pump was having problems, and you would see a stored ECU code.

pump is very easy to hear in the boot from the drivers seat