had a coolant change in january.... its now below minimum

ostego

Hi, was just checking my car's fluids and noticed the coolant was below the minimum mark, there wasnt a lot left in the reservoir.

Its a closed system, so can only assume the worst as im used to with the zed.... leak somewhere.

Any ideas what could be wrong... as surely if it was a leak it would have depleted a lot sooner than 6 months.

My temperature gauge always sits at around 40%.

Looks like there is greeney blue fluid in there probably more green that blue... am i safe to pop to halfords and get any green coolant fluid to top it up until i can get it looked at/to monitor any leakages.

Might be your rad cap bud... I used to own a supra and when the radiator cap wasn't doing to well it would let very small amounts of pressure and fluid out ... Hardly noticeable but had to top my coolant up every 3 months or so.

Top it up but keep an eye as suggested.. If still doing it then replace the cap before doing anything else :)

Might be your rad cap bud... I used to own a supra and when the radiator cap wasn't doing to well it would let very small amounts of pressure and fluid out ... Hardly noticeable but had to top my coolant up every 3 months or so.

Top it up but keep an eye as suggested.. If still doing it then replace the cap before doing anything else :)

Good advice for any older car. The rad cap is often overlooked as a leak source and is an easy, first option, in leak finding.