Grass isn't always greener!

Peak 370

The 350/370 might not be the last word in power and speed, but I drove a Subaru STi this morning, a friend bought it 3 weeks ago new. 296 bhp and 300 lbs-ft it has. 2.5 litres of turbo flat 4. He changed from an early 350Z.

UGH, springs to mind. Laggy, poor throttle response and not that quick. All over by 6,500 and nothing below 3,000 rpm.

That is one engine which needs a total revamp.

Edited by Peak 370

2.5 is not a patch on the 2.0 cars, especially the ones with the PPP. Our one revved to well over 7k with power not tailing off at all :)

We drove the 2.5 as well and were to massively impressed. The hatch STi was quite good in 330S form in Sport Sharp mode. How does the new interior stack up? Not even seen a new one on the roads yet.

A lot of it comes down to learning how to drive the new car. When I went from a 350 to an s2000 I had the same concerns.

The 350s v6 allows you to become a lazy driver, there is always power and torque in most gears at most speeds, if I try and accelerate from lower speeds in 4/5/6th gear in the honda it's pretty unimpressive. The 350 on the other hand, did it with relative ease

• Like 2