07 350z to 2013 Focus ST - Impressions

smckenna404

Just picked up my new to my Race Red 2013 Focus ST-2,

First impressions are very good - seems very fast - a bit of turbo lag (a lot of the reviews say there isn't - that's just not true!), the sound "symposer" that pipes induction sound to the cabin sounds really good actually - only comes in > 3.5k revs so it's very quiet unless you are ragging it.

Downsides - it is slower than the Z, no doubt about it - handling isnt as good, steering lock is much shorter than it should be making even normal turns take 2 goes plus the NOISE my god i miss the noise. I knew i would but without the growl you'd think you were in a basic focus.

The focus has a few options - Style pack (lights on the sill protectors\grey alloys), tinted rear windows, reverse sensors, Sony DAB, and seems pretty well screwed together. Looks more modern than the Z, but ultimately has less luxury (no heated leather/electric seats or sat nav).

Enjoyed the 100 miles i've put on it in the last 5 hours - 100 more till it hits 10k miles so hopefully see that at the weekend!

Pictures to follow if anyone's interested once I get it properly cleaned and polished at the weekend!

• Like 1

Yeah I'd be interested in pictures too. ;)

I guess if your not overly impressed with the performance at the moment there's always a good way to make a turbo go quicker. :evil: Lot's of performance parts available for the Ford.

Edit: Just seen the pics ~ no offense but not what I was expecting. Needs bigger alloys & don't like the rear lights. Other than that not too shabby. :lol:

Edited by GMballistic

Yeah the wheels look a bit small - budget won't stretch for anything worth putting on it for a while. Don't like cheap alloys. I prefer oem-plus so a set of 19" mk2 RS wheels would be nice.

I quite like the rear lights - that is one of my favourite bits.

Yeah the wheels look a bit small - budget won't stretch for anything worth putting on it for a while. Don't like cheap alloys. I prefer oem-plus so a set of 19" mk2 RS wheels would be nice.

I quite like the rear lights - that is one of my favourite bits.

Those RS alloys would look great. The thing I don't like about the rear lights is the way they kind of dribble towards the front around the side.

Your motor though so I'm glad you're pleased. :thumbs: