clutch rattle

leebottrill

I've posted before about the slight rattle I have From my clutch. I've noticed today its started to get slightly worse. Noise goes when I press the clutch in! Is this noise common. Or is it going to be a long and costly process? Car seems to drive fine. No slipping and the clutch isn't high! Maybe the bearing?

it's just a worn clutch release bearing. You can get it changed but it will cost you over £200 in labour (have to remove he gearbox). It does no harm and even if you get a new bearing fitted you will have the same noise after about 1000 miles. You'll fid that pretty much every Z makes that noise. Just change it when you need a new clutch which is when it starts to slip.

good thing i came across this, mine is exactly the same as the above youtube video, goes when the clutch is down. was so close to ordering a new clutch and flywheel.

Though my first 350z didnt have it

Cant access that video at the mo but there is a lot of chatter on idle from these cars. I was suprised how 'mechanical' the Zed sounds which is worrying as a new owner but you get used to it.

Just drive it until it brakes then fix it! As long as clutch isnt slipping just keep an ear out in case it starts to get really loud.

Cant access that video at the mo but there is a lot of chatter on idle from these cars. I was suprised how 'mechanical' the Zed sounds which is worrying as a new owner but you get used to it.

Just drive it until it brakes then fix it! As long as clutch isnt slipping just keep an ear out in case it starts to get really loud.

yeh it worried me at first also...through lower gear changes theres a lot of mechanical sounds and pretty loud (i always have the window for fresh air which doesnt help) but yeh....something ill get checked out anyway at cougar store as its just around the corner from me =)

I have the same noise. I was really worried. Touch wood I've been okay so far and I've driven her pretty hard for three months.

My first gear also sounds super loud, anyone else get loud whine in first.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk