Sealant over wax

Dean_1983

About 2 weeks ago I gave my car a good detail , started with a clay using the clay mitt , paint clean , polish then finishing off with a seal using a liquid sealant

I'm so happy with the results water seems to just jump off the car and makes washing the car so much easier

Can't see me going back to the conventional natural wax again

e8ejera8.jpg spoiler

u7ybegem.jpg roof

5e6e7e6y.jpg bonnet

Pictures taken after a heavy rain today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of 'waxes' like Collinite are sealants or at the very least sealant hybrids. I know what you mean though, the newer ranges are excellent. Many say they are sterile to look at. At the end of the day though, the crisp reflective look is also attractive and the dirt repellency and durability more than make up for it in my opinion.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

Agree I think on a silver car it's tough to get that deep look you can get with a really good natural wax ... The product was given to me by a professional detailer and I've forgotten the name ... I'm sure it was Neilsons ... Sooo easy to use .. Goes over everything trim , plastics lights and paintwork

I think I'm going to get some dodo juice supernatural

• 4 weeks later...

Hybrid 👊

Hybrid is fantastic stuff. Works as a wheel sealant too! And the supernatural glass sealant is worth a purchase, you wont even need wipers when it rains its that good!

I thought you are supposed to put the sealant down first then wax over the top. It wont bond very well to wax and needs to bond to the paintwork. It will apply but i guess wont stay on for long

Blackfire paint sealant is awesome stuff. Cant rate it high enough

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you are supposed to put the sealant down first then wax over the top. It wont bond very well to wax and needs to bond to the paintwork. It will apply but i guess wont stay on for long

Blackfire paint sealant is awesome stuff. Cant rate it high enough

I'll admit when i first started detailing I presumed sealant would be the last stage i.e. seal everything in! Which I guess it does but its meant to bond to the paint i.e. seal in the clean paint surface after a deep clean and wax. No harm in putting it on last it just won't last as long.