Grounding kits??

Space Cadet

supposedly smoothes the idle, and gets the car a bit more responsive. I have it! definitely doesnt do the Z any harm ;)

A member here Spill makes them and sells them (although he still needs to post in the traders section :dry:) PM him once he decides to put his product into the trader's section ;)

Seems a big claim just for replacing the grounding leads?

Could appreciate the aesthetics side of thing if people are doing up the engine bay.

it's not replacing them, it's adding them. The Z has in fact the attachments alreayd in place, suggesting this has always been in the intentions of the designers...

I got one of ebay for about £30 which included a nice gold plated battery teminal connector (bling!) Had to buy a battery terminal adapter to make it fit as it was sized for european battery posts.

It certainly has smoothed the idle and I think my av MPG has increased slightly, so this may be one mod that will pay for itself :thumbs:

I shall post a picture or two after the weekend

but I would recommend it.

I'm certain that it made a noticable difference on mine... I remember the car tending to lurch a bit as the revs dropped close to 1000-1200rpm, but now it's smooth all the way down until just above idle (about 700rpm or whatever). In fact, with this Tesco 99 fuel too, it seems even happier than ever.

Sure, you may not notice the kit if you're revving the nuts off the car, but it made a big difference when I was just trying to drive smoothly, especially in slow moving traffic.

Technically speaking (and I don't do that very often) improving the earth contacts across a number of points across the engine as opposed to the single point in a new car imporves the grounding and consequently the quality of the spark made in the engine. This ensures smooth firing. Personally, I've got one, certainly doesn't do the car anyharm and I think it stops it from being a bit lumpy with very low revs ..... great for me when dropping mini off to school :scare::scare::scare: For the £50 odd that spill charges ...... well worth it ...... a tank of gas costs more !!!!! No power gain though I don't think.

Glyn,

Nothing to do with the spark...sorry chap.

It is all about equalising the earth potential (VOLTAGE LEVEL) across all points that the engine management touches. If this is smoothed with the leads and no spikes detected then it will run smoother.

Sorry just my 12 years of Aircraft Electrical and Electronic engineer experience kicking in.

Regards

Steve

Technically speaking (and I don't do that very often) improving the earth contacts across a number of points across the engine as opposed to the single point in a new car imporves the grounding and consequently the quality of the spark made in the engine. This ensures smooth firing. Personally, I've got one, certainly doesn't do the car anyharm and I think it stops it from being a bit lumpy with very low revs ..... great for me when dropping mini off to school :scare::scare::scare: For the £50 odd that spill charges ...... well worth it ...... a tank of gas costs more !!!!! No power gain though I don't think.

Guest prescience

Pretty sure it would be OK, but no doubt you'll want to e-mail them to confirm.

They shift loads of stuff to the UK so will

a.) know and

b.) not give you a 'salesman's' response - its not worth it to them to do so.

• 3 weeks later...