Plasti Dip fail e

Dean_1983

Was kinda expecting this to be fair

Popped out this morning to halfords to pick up a few detailing bits . And on my return to the car this caught my eye vu6eby8y.jpg

Seems the dip has lifted :( ... If I'm honest I was growing tired of the patchy and textured look and am on the look out for dark rims or plan to get my own powder coated ! So in many ways the plasti dip served it's purpose ... Confirmed I like silver on black

The removal is a pain in the ass !!! Yes parts peel off fine but others need to be rubbed and in areas like the bolt holes are just a nightmare

Some pics mu2u8u6e.jpgetyte6yd.jpgy6ara5yp.jpg

Another negative of the plasti dip is that it seems to pull off the lacquer :(3e8a2usa.jpgmavugy4u.jpg

Not to bothered due to the alloys getting powder coated y8y5y7um.jpg4u9amyhy.jpg

Best wheel cleaner I've ever used ^^^

gesyjaby.jpg

e4ahepyq.jpg

Pulled out the car wash place behind this !!! OMG what a sound ! Looked to be full rally spec and was popping and banging like a beast

To summarise don't waste your time on plasti dip ... Unless it's for small stuff like badges etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4ahepyq.jpg

Pulled out the car wash place behind this !!! OMG what a sound ! Looked to be full rally spec and was popping and banging like a beast

To summarise don't waste your time on plasti dip ... Unless it's for small stuff like badges etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thought colin Mcrae died, he could have at least got a correct import plate not one for freelander

shame about the dip does seem alot of it pulls laquer of people who fully dip a car must be mad

Always been wary of plasti dip, adhesive rubber, cant be as simple as they say it is in terms of removing.

I used some on my interior panels and it looks fine, but no big risk there to be had. Wheels have lacquer, so not surprised it is pulling it away - like you say, full car sprays must be at risk?

Plastidip - I hate the stuff. Zero customer service from Plastidip UK. A b*tch to remove and has to be rubbed off with your thumb and I've seen some terrible horror stories of people's paintwork after they've removed it from body panels etc.

Used it once. NEVER again.

I have 3 cans I need to return aswell haha

Good luck! I contacted them after my 'Gunmetal' cans were nothing like 'Gunmetal (not even close). 'Battleship grey primer' would of been a better description of the colour. They did not respond to any of my emails, so I also have a few unused cans sat in the garage.

If anyone does have a battleship / aircraft carrier / frigate that they want to Plastidip, I've got some cans they can have. Although I think you'll need more than 3...

• Like 2

Sorry to change subject. But its amazing how much bigger the wheel looks in silver.

Reckon thats why (in general) manufacturers tend to colour the wheels dark grey / gunmetal rather than a solid black?

prep probably not great in area where it peeled and not enough on there to allow for easy removal the thicker the better.

Maybe we are starting to see the effects of plastidip now people have had it on a while...will be the same with e cigs give it a year half the population will be green or something :lol:

Sorry to change subject. But its amazing how much bigger the wheel looks in silver.

totally... since I changed my silver touring wheels to gun metal Rays the wheels look alot smaller