Amp power wire? (now fixed) Buzzing speaker issue when connected through USB?

natehd9

I'm really sorry to bring this subject up AGAIN, I've seen it covered quite a few times on here, but aside from people being told they need to wire in their amp when they have power but no sound there isn't really much more information... (there probably is but I'd need to look harder, and I've got so stressed with this I might need some spoon feeding...)

Sorry if that's a bit unclear, it's still quite early in the morning! Basically I bought a JVC double DIN, then the ICT conversion loom for the Bose pre-06 model with the steering wheel controls, fitted all of that outside of the car so it should have been a matter of swapping the head units and then splicing in the 'amp power out' wire into the 350 loom, unfortunately I don't know which wire that is!

What colour is the Bose amp power wire? I've seen white/blue mentioned on here so I tried to splice one of those in with no joy (there are two of them??). If anyone's got a photo of the specific wire that needs connecting in that would be perfect, I'm colourblind so colours like 'teal' or 'magenta' don't really work for me! :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Edited by natehd9

I've flicked through it a few times but as it's quite an old thread it seems all of the image hosts have died, I'll keep trawling through it, but surely someone must have a photo of the car side of the Bose loom pointing out which wire powers the amp?

Sorry again for the spoon feed request, got so stroppy with the car last night, probably not a great idea to wire in a complicated head unit at 8.30 in the rain after a 14 hour shift...

Ok, had a really good read (been a slow morning at work...) and the only mention from those threads is that the amp is located in the boot, does that mean I've got to root everything out of the boot, find the amp power cable and then trace it back to the loom at the front (or run a wire from the head unit back to the amp?)

Done,

Feel slightly retarded but I'll put all the confusion down to tiredness and stress!

Cheers for the (non) help :lol: sometimes you do have to take a step back from a job for a while to work out where you're going wrong...

For some reason the audio is now playing fine when my iphone is connected up via BT, but when I plug it in through the USB port the speakers buzz really loudly with the music playing really quietly in the background, is this a hardware issue or is it something that Apple have secretly stuck in to make me buy a genuine lightning cable? (conspiracy theory hats on...)

Done,

Feel slightly retarded but I'll put all the confusion down to tiredness and stress!

Cheers for the (non) help :lol: sometimes you do have to take a step back from a job for a while to work out where you're going wrong...

For some reason the audio is now playing fine when my iphone is connected up via BT, but when I plug it in through the USB port the speakers buzz really loudly with the music playing really quietly in the background, is this a hardware issue or is it something that Apple have secretly stuck in to make me buy a genuine lightning cable? (conspiracy theory hats on...)

You need a genuine cable I reckon, the cheap ones are really badly shielded so that is more than likely the issue

Done,

You need a genuine cable I reckon, the cheap ones are really badly shielded so that is more than likely the issue

Yeah I'll try slinging it in with a genuine one and feed back...

Tried with my genuine lead this morning and it still didn't fancy it.

I'll have a look at the shielding on the back of the HU next time I can motivate myself enough to pull the f*ckpig out, that's enough fiddly wires for me for a while, cheers for the hint! :)