APS TT kit for USA market into UK market RHD vehicle

steveaudiox

I do believe that the exhaust manifolds are completely different, along with turbo oil feed etc. It has been done but does add time & money to achieve the desired results. Then you still need it tuned etc.

My advice is to buy a completed installation from either DSA or Garage Mac.

DSA replaced G-Force and Garage Mac is Jamie from WRC who carried out 6 x installations.

Allan

Guest prescience
I do believe that the exhaust manifolds are completely different, along with turbo oil feed etc. It has been done but does add time & money to achieve the desired results. Then you still need it tuned etc.

My advice is to buy a completed installation from either DSA or Garage Mac.

DSA replaced G-Force and Garage Mac is Jamie from WRC who carried out 6 x installations.

Allan

I am always happy to admit to my ignorance (one of my better qualities) and I did check the APS website before posting, but found no discrepancy LHD vs RHD. Is this an oversight Allan there or deemed to be too low-level to be worthy of report. What side of the highway do they drive in Oz?

Am I correct to say then that APS manufacture 2 kits.

1 for LHD for USA and

1 for RHD for Australia?

If this is the case, does that mean no frabrication work is required at all if the kit is purchased from Australia?

I can not seem to find any information or photo evidance showing the LHD and RHD manifolds... Has anyone got photos or links?

I have dropped an email to APS but yet to have a reply.

Guest prescience

Well we need Alan or APS to confirm that.

Their website is organised into 3 different sectors, US, Australia and International. So they could conceivably produce:

- 1 universal kit

- 2 kits (one for RHD, Oz and UK, 1 for US and Europe)

- 3 kits (one for US, one for Oz and one for Europe but Europe has both LHD and RHD of course)

Perusing their site as I did before I posted above, I can find only 1 link to Installation Instructions:

http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/ins ... ctions.htm

within which, I can find no reference to variations for RHD vs LHD - you may be able to find some though since I haven't checked in great detail. However, there is an Installation kit CD shipped with each kit and that may list install variations from the 'norm'.

Notwithstanding the above, if we assume that there is only 1 kit, I seem to recall that where people came unstuck in the past is that the UK installers were not prepared to install (or at least not warranty) kits which Customers had procured for themselves. There are other install options, for example IES and should you wish to consider this option and again on the assumption that a US APS kit will fit relatively easily - you can PM baptist for details as he has used IES for engine work involving APS and am sure would be willing to help you with advice :D

Finally :blush: it is conceivable for the reasons alluded to above, that APS may choose not to answer a direct question with a direct answer - they have a dealer network in the UK after all and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they didn't give you the straight information you are looking for. That being the case, your next best option is to contact Sharif at www.forgedperformance.com in the US - he will happily sell you a kit but not unless he is 100% sure it will work in your vehicle :D

Scrub the above, just realised Adam at Z1 sells these too, very sorry Adam :blush: - can you advise fitting constraints

IIRC the kits all have different part numbers on the dealer ordering form, thereby suggesting differences in the make up of the kit.

Why the need to buy from USA anyway ? No real savings to be had by this route.

Cheers

Allan