car stuggling to start

khanshirus

Hi wondered if anyone could help

for a while now my car seems to stuggle to start.. doesnt matter what type of day.. ie hot or cold and does matter if i am full of gas or near empty. What i have noticed .. is it happen 100% when the car is on a completely flat surface like a car park.

Sparks have all been checked and its recently had a service.. of course it started fine when it was on the ramps so i could show them the problem. pfff

anyway i turn the key . the car will try to start and then have to pump a little .. stop turning the key and try again and then whoop .. it comes alive.

I even tried it with out pumping and it cranked for a while and then eventually it started but it was like having problems .. needle dropped low, like it was going to stall then the needle went up and all was fine.

She drives fine .. no power lost whatsoever. unfortunately i can racing cats and my CEL is always on, so i cannot see if i am getting a warning :blush:

Someone told me this could be a camshaft sensor.. would that be correct.. any help before i start spending loads of cash to fix this

thanks

• 3 months later...

Cam shaft sensor would be no more than about £85.

That was how much my mate paid for his on the DE engine.

On HR there are 2 and I may be wrong but, I was sure there is only one on a DE at the back.

2nd hand one for £29 plus £6 postage.

Open to best offer.

It's just a matter of using the forum to help you as always :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350-Z-2003-2005-3-5L-CAMSHAFT-SENSOR-PBT-GF30-/181509285529?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3A350+Z&hash=item2a

Edited by 4RE Leather