Rockingham 21st June - come have a go!

Hi All,

Myself, Will and Ken are booked up to go to Rockingham on Saturday 21st of June, if anyone would care to join us :)

Rockingham run really professional full open pitlane trackdays - unrestricted use of the pit garages, and full trackday entrants can also use the wet skidpad area for free.

Alternatively, if you have never tried track driving before, Rockingham run a 20 minute taster session in lunchtime for just £30, so perfect if you've always fancied seeing what your zed will do on a track! Anyone is more than welcome to come out in the beemer as well over the course of the day.

We have garage reserved just for us, so hoping this can turn into a bit of a club social and get a few more members introduced to track driving.

Cost is £195 for the full day if booked in advance, or £30 for just the lunchtime session. For full details and booking, see the rockingham website, link below.

http://www.rockingham.co.uk/trackdays/track-days-rockingham.php

Look forward to seeing a few people there!

• Like 1

I would really like to do the taster session over lunch.

Bit of a scardy cat to go for the whole day.

Is the 20 minutes with other beginners though? as if it is, it seems like a stupid idea, surely what I need to learn is other very skilled, reliable drivers, that arent going to bin their saxos up my rear end.

Edited by Jaz 350z

I strongly suspect it would be with other beginners, but without all the bravado attached with getting on track at japfest and trying to impress your mates lol. The structure of the taster sessions is a full briefing, use of a simulator to get a feel for the track, then three laps behind a pace car to learn the lines, and then 20 minutes of free driving - great value for £30 all in, even includes helmet hire.

As long as you take it steady and leave sensible gaps between cars, I don't think there would be a problem :thumbs:

If you come along for the whole day, you're welcome to come out in the beemer in the morning and then you'll be one step ahead of the game when the time comes for your taster session.

Edited by brillomaster

I like the sound of this, but for one day in the future, as I haven't got my zed yet.

It appeals to me though, as I work within half a mile of Rockingham, and plan on moving nearer to my work later in the year, so it will be on my doorstep :)

Often hear practice sessions during the week, when I go outside for a fag break

• 2 weeks later...