Help on pricing please

zeddy addict

I realise there is a section on here for sale and also what it's worth but I don't have 100 posts behind me, have been a member for a few years though.

Need some help on pricing as I am having to sell my roadster and prices seem to be all over the place, been offered a ridiculous amount by the supplying dealer so looking for an idea.

Where can I post on here please for some unbiased ideas?

Thanks.

Well posting year/miles/model etc might help.

FWIW - I'm selling mine in a few months, low miles a few mods but if I return it to a standard car (2005/37kmiles/azure), I'm getting offered 6700. That is a part exchange without even seeing my car. But even part ex is full of worms - as a high part ex price will most likely mean your paying extra or a premium for your new car. Point to remember is dealers need to make a living also - which I dont mind (unlike others).

With mods and so on I asked forum members what mine was worth - and prices were all over the shop - much the same as it is retail for 350zs. Reckon a lot to do with that is condition - a similiar mile/age car that is a standard low spec (cloth/non GT), nasty colour as one thats mint (decent spec) with a few mods and decent colour might vary with well over 1.5k.

So best bet - describe your car honestly, what mods it has and someone will pop along and let you know.

Dont rely on autotrader and such - cars might be advertised as such - but what they sell for is something else (again - back to condition/spec/miles).

If you have mods - strip them off and sell - you will defo make more.

For instance - milltek cat back second hand - 500 quid? Side skirt - 80 quid? D2 controller - 60 quid? Wheels - 400 quid? HFCs - 150 quid? etc etc . Already your looking at 1200 quid. Would you get that extra with leaving them on the car???? I wish!

Me?? I dont have the heart so mine will be sold with wheel, skirts, milltek and all other bits.

Edited by aidan

Ok, cheers, probably been deleted but here goes.

2007 07 reg, roadster in grey metallic and full gt spec with sat nav. Facelift but not the las test 350 model if that makes sense, has bi xenons, led rear lights, updated interior. Roof is excellent, no tears or any issues at all.

35000 miles with full nissan service history, last serviced Jan 2014. All tyres excellent, bodywork excellent. 2 keys etc, old receipts and

Mot.s. Hpi clear. Everything works, MOT Nov.

Fantastic car and only use a third car. Only selling as need a daily runner now due to demise of our estate, need more seats and better mpg.

8K as a trade in? Against what?

From what i was offered a PX 8K does seem a bit (but not by much) low.

Your car has miles , condition, colour and service history in its favour.

Edited by aidan

If I bought a car from them, non specific on the car. Less than that to buy outright but they did sell the car to me in the first place at a hell of a lot more than 8k.

Like you say, they have to make a living, happy to buy it back though. Just wondering if I should try to sell privately first hence question, it's a lovely car just circumstances have changed and no budget left for a toy anymore sadly.

At least it's a good time to sell one!

• Like 1

If I bought a car from them, non specific on the car. Less than that to buy outright but they did sell the car to me in the first place at a hell of a lot more than 8k.

Like you say, they have to make a living, happy to buy it back though. Just wondering if I should try to sell privately first hence question, it's a lovely car just circumstances have changed and no budget left for a toy anymore sadly.

At least it's a good time to sell one!

Generally yes - better time to sell. But I bought mine just before Christmas due to condition, so you never can tell.

Try selling it private and see how you go.

• Like 1

So you've been offered £8k trade in for a Revup roadster? Thats a damn good trade-in in my opinion. Car might fetch £9.5k if it's in perfect condition and you find someone who really wants it and cares a lot about low mileage.

The figure of 8k was against a p/x if they could find a car against it.

Appreciate that dealers have their mark up to make so was just asking opinions as to current price it might retail or trade at, prices are all over the shop everywhere I look so I thought I would ask on here, thanks for all the replies.

Obviously I paid a lot more than that not that long ago so it is going to hurt a bit...ouch!

Had some very good advice today from someone on here today so am thinking of just keeping the car and buying some old banger for commuting to work. Better than losing that amount of money in such a short time, especially as it is such a lovely car and took me so long to find one with the right spec, mileage and colour.

As. I have been told, it's not going to lose much more if I keep it another year and at least I can have some fun with it in the Summer, at least I will feel that I have had some use out of it so the depreciation won't seem so bad.