unsure on brake discs.

jack350z

Iam going to start tracking my zed every now and then and i know the stanard brembos you get with the car arent going to cut the mustard and ive heard the cheaper makes dont neither..... can anybody help me out and point me in the right direction of some good discs that can handle the more heat and also pads fluild and lines?

thanks.

First thing use the SEARCH function & what is your BUDGET !? :D

But just quickly for you..

I've just had new lines (hosetechnic from Clark Motorspot - brake & clutch lines), EBC standard discs, and EBC Yellowstuff pads, as well as Motul RBF600 fluid (both for clutch & brakes).

These feel good to me but note, I've only just had them fitted and need to get a track day sorted out soon.

The only thing is that I'm going to get someone to see if my system has been bled correctly, or if something else is amiss as it's still a bit spongy unless double tapping the brakes.

No fade on a few spirited drives.

H-dev sell kits

http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25346

They are recommending Performance Friction discs and pads if you are doing a fair amount of track days though.

£1,307.69

Edited by RobPhoboS

If you're only tracking your car "every now and then" I would argue that the stock setup is sufficient? As long as you stop every few laps to let the brakes cool, then you should be ok. At the very least you could give it a whirl and then make your own mind up? No point spending money when you might not need to? Braided lines are a given though.

IMHO, you can assess your needs once you've completed a track day or two... To be fair though, you can never have too good brakes!*

*Unless someone runs into the back of you as a direct result! :p

haha yea iam gonna do the track day and take it from there! what are the bebefits of upgrading brake lines exactly? ive never tought of those before i normally only replace fluids and pads, discs etc.

In my opinion and experience from tracking a BMW, i'd say the order in which to upgrade things are: Brake pads, High temp fluid, Braided brake lines and then discs.

Overheated pads is a horrible feeling, pedal is still firm, but no braking effect. Next up is boiled fluid - pedal travel goes really long, with no braking effect. if you're only tracking occasionally id say pads and fluid should do it, we've done just that with our beemer 10 track days ago and haven't felt the need to do anything more yet. We get through pads a bit quickly for my liking, but then again the pads are only cheap (EBC Yellowstuff) and discs are dirt cheap, (£24 each) so not really an issue.

brake longevity is helped massively by being sympathetic to the brakes - only do 5-6 laps before coming in and letting the car cool down for 10 minutes - and the last full lap on track should be a cool down lap, with braking reduced to maybe 20% of maximum.

Similar to RobPhoboS except for discs, PFC front disc, DBA T3 rear disc, PFC 01 font pads, Ferrodo DS2500 rear pads, Hose Technic lines, Motoul RB600 fluid, all from Clark Motorsport...

Better heat dissipation and more aggressive stopping power with less fade... Well worth it...