Bose aux input?

SunGodRA

BOSE not flexible....Actually it has, but not as you know it...

the slot in the front can take something called a "cassette adapter" ( I think i heard old people talking about cassettes.... :p )which then has a little cable coming out that can plug to PC's for example... :p

(not the most refined of ways of doing it... and probably not the answer you where looking for... but where there is a will there is always a way... ;)

BOSE not flexible....Actually it has, but not as you know it...

the slot in the front can take something called a "cassette adapter" ( I think i heard old people talking about cassettes.... :p )which then has a little cable coming out that can plug to PC's for example... :p

(not the most refined of ways of doing it... and probably not the answer you where looking for... but where there is a will there is always a way... ;)

:lol: The man is right. I assumed if you were going down the route of PC in car you'd want something done without the use of magnets to get the sound from it! :blush:

No - the head unit will have to go then! - got a really cheap PC from ebay and am bidding on a lilliput touch screen at the moment and will use Centrafuse (http://www.fluxmedia.net) ! as my media hub - take a look at the site, the software does everything! just need a head unit now that will have aux input! (open to suggestions)

Will take lots of pics of this mini project and post later!

No - the head unit will have to go then! - got a really cheap PC from ebay and am bidding on a lilliput touch screen at the moment and will use Centrafuse (http://www.fluxmedia.net) ! as my media hub - take a look at the site, the software does everything! just need a head unit now that will have aux input! (open to suggestions)

Will take lots of pics of this mini project and post later!

If you get an Alpine unit or something like a PXA-H701 controller you can use a good AUX input. You will need to get some amplification and speakers as well as the BOSE stuff works on funny output / input levels. :)

Ah - I have centrafuse running on my carPC - good choice of front end :)

it is possible to rig an AUX in to the Bose head unit but doing so will lose the ability to play tapes (oh no!) - have a look on my350z.com for the how to guide - think it's stickied in the ICE section.. it's not hard if you know one end of the soldering iron from the other. Personally I would just replace the head unit (and have done so)..

you wont necessarily need to change out the amp/speakers if you replace the head unit - you can buy a PAC ROEM unit (ebay USA) that will allow you to keep existing amp/speakers if you want.. (this is what I have wired up)..

Ah - I have centrafuse running on my carPC - good choice of front end :)

it is possible to rig an AUX in to the Bose head unit but doing so will lose the ability to play tapes (oh no!) - have a look on my350z.com for the how to guide - think it's stickied in the ICE section.. it's not hard if you know one end of the soldering iron from the other. Personally I would just replace the head unit (and have done so)..

you wont necessarily need to change out the amp/speakers if you replace the head unit - you can buy a PAC ROEM unit (ebay USA) that will allow you to keep existing amp/speakers if you want.. (this is what I have wired up)..

+1

Shame Centrafuse is no longer a beta and we have to pay for it! Just waiting for my current beta to expire and then have to crack open the wallet. :thumbdown: Tis damn good s/w though, so I dont really mind paying.