RS Tuning or TDi North?

KrisRatcliffe

With it being my birthday soon I thought it would be rude not to treat the zed to some presents :teeth:

Anyway I'm looking at having my next service carried out along with fitting some berks hfcs. Then also the uprev tune with a remap (and 12 months tax :scare:). I've read that you get 5 different maps with the tune from TDi but theyre apparently changeable via the cruise control function? Meaning I would lose to option to use cruise control? Not too sure. Whereas I spoke to RS and they said it's just the one map as they don't see the point in having variable maps. Is it worth having the 5 maps if you do lose the cruise control function? Not sure what to do really. Both places I've heard are very good so it's just a question of which one :unsure:

:thumbs:

tdi north use the maps as used by Mark @ abbey, you will still to be able to use the cruise control

personally I would use Tdi, in fact I did for my last service and had no problems and will use them when i remap

Tdi North is a lot closer aswell :thumbs:

Edited by GIXXERUK

I doubt that you'd be disappointed with the results from either RS or TDi to be honest.

I use RS because its close to me however if I lived closer to TDi I'd have used them. As you say both have a great reputation.

I couldn't recommend one over the other as I haven't used them both and as such have no basis for an opinion

• Like 1

I noticed they were in partnership with abbey when I looked on the website before.

TDi is also a lot closer to me. RS was my other option as they're quite popular and also have the uprev licence. I was quoted £395 without VAT for the remap and £180 for 4 hours labour without VAT from RS. Think TDi is £402 for the the map but unsure as I'm waiting for a call back from them.

TDI's dyno also gives very optimistic figures compared to rs and abbey

Noticed this from the dyno results thread.