Painting Burger Badges

Andymac183

So I'd like black badges front and rear - but don't really want to drop £50 ish on a pair of badges - is there any reason I can't remove and paint the regular ones I've got? Was thinking g a bit of etch primer and matt black would sort it...

Anyone had any success with the cheapo method?

Yeah, I considered Plastidip...do you have any experience with it? What's it like to work with? And it peels off again after if you need it to, is that right?

Also - does any shop stock it, or is it online purchase only?

Haven't tried it yet but looks easy enough. As long as you spray it evenly like you would with a rattle can it should come out fine. Yep thats correct. Plus you don't even need to take the badges off! Think I saw somewhere that people have seen it in shops such as Halfrauds but would be cheaper online I expect.

Did my rear in it, looks ok but not the best of finnishes to be honest. Also did the wifes rear badge in it and it blew off first wash with the pressure washer. looking back i should have taken a bit more care with the pressure washer. I'd just remove them and paint them in the future now

plasti-dip is sh!t mate, have used it on more than one occasion

you think its looks good on the internet but trust me in real life its doesnt look all that, looks tacky

i plasti-dipped my burger badges and it didnt last two weeks, for plasti-dip to be properly stone chip resistant and weather resistant you need plasti-dip primer, and plasti-dip, and it aint that cheap anyway, so you might as well get them proper painted

it does self level though so the finish should be ok...

have done on my badges, roof, mirrors and interior parts, everytime extremely disappointed